These 13 healthiest foods on the planet are proven disease fighters and energy boosters. Incorporate them into your meals and get on the fast track to an amazingly fabulous body.
- NEW: Kiwi – The kiwi is higher in vitamin C per ounce than most other fruits. Its green flesh has a almost creamy texture with an invigorating taste similar to strawberries, melons and bananas, yet with its own unique sweet flavor. 4 Benefits of Kiwi
- NEW: Lemons - One lemon has more than 100 percent of your daily intake of vitamin C, which may help increase “good” HDL cholesterol levels and strengthen bones. While citrus flavonoids found in lemons may help inhibit the growth of cancer cells and act as an anti-inflammatory. 9 Awesome Facts About Lemons You Should Know
- NEW: Pitaya - Famously known as a natural fiber rich digestive aid that is packed with Antioxidants, Omega-3s but low in sugar. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Calcium and magnesium. Take a look at these 5 Health Benefits of Pitaya The Super Fruit
- Almonds - PSnack On Almonds For Healthy Skin.
- Avocados – Rich in healthy, satisfying fats proven in studies to lower cholesterol. One has more than half the fiber and 40 percent of the folate you need daily, which may reduce your risk of heart disease. Try this Mini Avacado Salads.
- Broccoli - A
- Dark Chocolate - Just one-fourth of an ounce daily can reduce blood pressure in otherwise healthy individuals. Cocoa powder is rich in flavonoids, antioxidants shown to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol and increase “good” HDL levels. A dark chocolate bar contains about 53.5 milligrams of flavonoids; a milk chocolate bar has fewer than 14.
- Garlic - Contains Allicin, a compound found in garlic, works as a potent anti-inflammatory and has been shown to help lower cholesterol and blood-pressure levels. Garlic is a powerful disease fighter that can inhibit the growth of bacteria, including E. coli.
- Oily Fish – (salmon, trout, mackerel, herring, sardines and anchovies) These types of fish have oil in their tissues and around the gut. Their lean fillets contain up to 30% oil, specifically, omega-3 fatty acids. These oils are known to provide benefits for the heart, as well as the nervous system.Oily fish are also known to provide benefits for patients with inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis.Oily fish also contain vitamins A and D.
- Sweet potatoes - Rich in dietary fiber, beta carotene, complex carbohydrates, vitamin C, vitamin B6, as well as carotene. According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, USA, the sweet potato ranked number one, when vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, protein and complex carbohydrates were considered in comparison to other vegetables.
- Quinoa – Considered a whole grain; it’s also a complete protein, containing all the amino acids necessary for building muscle and upping metabolism. Here’s a recipe for Quinoa Burgers.
- Tomatoes - This fruit has a long list of nutrients, including vitamins A, C and K. Its deep red color comes from the antioxidant lycopene, which helps lower inflammation and cholesterol and is linked to better heart health. Broiled Tomatoes Recipe.
Book mark this post, as this list will continue to be updated with more amazing healthy foods.
Checkout These Other Popular Posts:
- Authentic Indian Fat-Free Flat Bread
- Dollar Shave Club: “You Know What Feels Great? Changing My F**ken Blade Every Week.”
- VIDEO: Pinoy Wrecking Ball Parody of Mikey Bustos- “BALIKBAYAN BOX”
- An Interesting Hawaiian Legend Of Pele & The Warrior
- My Personal Mission Statement
- Ozoni by Bebe Love Okazu: Japanese New Year’s Mochi Soup
- Keeping Your Heart Healthy with Foods (ireport.cnn.com)
- Healthy Heart (aparanjyot.wordpress.com)
- Green With Envy! (thunderafter5fitness.wordpress.com)